Stat Counter

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Long Enchanted








































sold

This is another commission, which I'm due to deliver this weekend.
I've grown really attached to it, and don't really want to let it go! I guess that's the nature of this business, though.

The colors seem to play very well off of each other, with the red and gold trees each commanding attention. I've always been attracted to the shapes inside and around the focal objects of a painting, in nature, on a page...often these are the main attraction for me. I love these serendipitous goodies, and I'm very fond of a few of these in "Long Enchanted".

"Long Enchanted"
3 cradled, canvas-covered
hardboard panels
16"x20" ea.
Acrylic, gilders paste
and acrylic glaze

1 comment:

  1. Heidi!

    Who knew! I should have seen it coming after that amazing Halloween craft you did for the 1st graders. My blog is: www.ragingwool.blogspot.com .

    ReplyDelete